Saturday, October 13, 2007

monsoon

I figured i should probably post something, since it's been a while... Okay, so going to Valley Vista is really starting to bug me! It's all about our mascot, the "monsoon" and it's getting really old. At our football games, the band plays "Smoke on the Water". And homecoming isn't just called homecoming, NO, it's gotta be Stormcoming. Pretty LAME, huh? I like high school and everything, but when your school color is purple, you go to "stormcoming", and the greatest moment of the varsity football games is when they actually score, it gets annoying. Therefore, I'm annoyed. But I can't do anything about it so I just complained about all that for nothing. It probably entertained you, though, you're probably laughing and glad it's not you. Well, be thankful it isn't. ha. Anyway, this week is spirit week. Monday is nerd day. On Tuesday it's a "beach apparel" day, on Wednesday it's sport apparel day (AND MY BIRTHDAY), on Thursday you're supposed to wear bright colors, and on Friday it's Monsoon colors. Nerd day should be pretty amazing. I'm going to do my hair in a side ponytail like Deb on Napoleon Dynamite and I'll have to figure the rest out tonight. It should be pretty fun! I love dressing up and doing things like that.

2 comments:

Amie said...

My dear hubby was saying the mascot was dumb, but I LOVE it! I love monsoon season. I love the downpour. I love that it's such an Arizona thing. Embrace the storm my child. =)

Jesika said...

MonSoon?!?! Yeah, I would have an issue if I was in high school too! But just think of the 'cheesy' stories you'll get to tell your kids! All you can do is have fun with it....And, if I know you, YOU'LL HAVE FUN WITH IT! Go Monsoon's!!! lol